Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A SURPRISE FOR LANCE

"Hey Dyzzee!" said Lance to his friend. "I hear that Teacher Tim is getting ready to go to San Diego for the Children's Pastor's Conference again."
"That's right," replied Dyzzee to his lion buddy. "This will be the sixth time he's gone. As a matter of fact, that's what I want to talk to you about."
"You want to talk to me about Teacher Tim going six times to southern California? Sounds like fun. I know the two of you always have a good time."
Dyzzee laughed a little. "Yes," he said. "We've always had a great time going to classes, hearing great music, and meeting new friends. But I've got a problem...I can't go this year!"
"Oh, no," groaned Lance. "I'm sorry you can't make it. But what is Teacher Tim going to do?"
"Well, I was thinking someone could take my place..." Dyzzee said, gazing up at his friend Lance.
Lance looked puzzled for a moment. But then he noticed Dyzzee's look. His eyes grew wide. "Me?" he gasped. "You want me to go?"
Dyzzee nodded.
Lance jumped into the air and let out the biggest roar of his life! And if you know Lance, he doesn't make a lot of noise.
So Lance the Lion began making plans to go with Teacher Tim to the Children's Pastor's Conference in San Diego. The fun begins next week on Monday, March 14. We hope you can drop by this blog and check out some of Lance's adventures. Ask your parents for help in leaving a note too (and if your parents want to follow a grown up site, have them go to www.thoughtsbytimotheous.blogspot.com).
See you later, alligators!

3 comments:

Jodi Baldwin said...

Rikki says, "In awhile crocodile"

Alex says, "We will miss you teacher Tim!"

Jodi Baldwin said...

The girls think you are going to "See Diego" the cartoon animal rescue guy!

Timothy said...

Hi, Rikki and Alex...thank you so much for saying hello. I miss you girls too. Tomorrow (Tuesday), I'm going on a bus trip to see how some other churches set up their children's areas. I hope they let lions on the bus, because I want to take Lance with me.
And tell your mom that if I see Diego while I'm in San Diego, I'll write right away. :-)